On May 30, 2015 held at Depok Mayor’s Office, Centre for Ageing Studies (CAS) UI in collaboration with the Komda Lansia Depok, BKKBN, Universitas Respati Indonesia (Urindo), Pergeri Depok, as well as elderly care institutions in Depok city has organized the National Elderly Day (HLUN) with the theme “Building Awareness and Mutual of Elderly Tough to Achieve Sustainable Age Friendly City”.
The objectives of this activity is as an intergenerational program between the elderly-pre elderly; honor and respect to the elderly; as a means to increase knowledge and insight in order to prevent disease in the elderly; as an effort to realize through the Tough Elderly Family Development; and as one of the efforts to disseminate environmental dimension to support the realization of the Age Friendly City.
Indonesia which is currently experiencing the phenomenon of the triple burden, shown from the population census in 2010, that the number of infants and children (0-9 years) as much as 45.9 million; adolescents (10-24 years) as many as 64 million people, and the elderly (60 years and above) as much as 23.9 million, or an estimated 10% of the entire population. That condition requires special attention in efforts to improve the quality of the population. In this case the BKKBN has to follow up with the family through the policy development of family support in the form of BKB, BKR and BKL.
In addition, the younger generation can be shown that being older can be tough to stay healthy and active physically, mentally and socially. Therefore, in a series of commemorative activities this HLUN 2015 explores the various activities between generations in the form of sport competition, choir competitions, the healthy food menu, healthy homes for elderly, economic productive for elderly, handicrafts from waste materials (UPPKS), as well as in relation to the Age Friendly City, Depok packaging in environmental dimension, by trying to make parks / green open spaces, such as parks in Lembah Gurame at Beji, Depok, and movement to plant a million trees.
The series of activities in order HLUN are as follows:
- Road Show Curhat Lansia as the form of implementation of the “Curhat Lansia” which is usually done in the secretariat of CAS UI every week, this year we will pick up the ball down to the location in the 5 District in Depok, to socialization of the Elderly Family Development Program (BKL) and the Elderly Tough , as well as socialization Family Welfare Service Center (PPKS) which will soon be launch at CAS UI.
2. Seminar for public and universities
- Implementation HLUN dated May 30, 2015 is filled with:
- Inauguration of road crossings for the elderly, pregnant women, and persons with disabilities in the front office of the Mayor of Depok
- Declaration of Age Friendly City by the Mayor of Depok
- Launching the formation of Alzheimer Indonesia Depok branch called “Alzhi Depok”